- Cold air from -32 °C to -60 °C
- Adjustable stream of air up to 1500 l/min.
- Very short cooling down phase
- De-icing function
- Maintenance-free refrigerant loop
- Standard slotted nozzle
- Nozzle attachments in three sizes for effective treatment
- Flexible, double-wall tube (1.70 m long)
- Intuitive operation
- Touch screen
in three sizes for effective treatment
Therapy arm for fast and easy placement of the tube over a clip-on system (option)
FRIGOSTREAM is also available with a special smaller diameter tube to maintain cooling at a constant level over an extended period for thermal laser treatments.
Cryotherapy is based on surface cooling and uses low temperatures to reduce tissue temperature. Cryotherapy incorporates the use of a continuously cooled stream of air with a constant temperature range, which results in a range of thermoregulatory effects that are desirable for various indications, including acute and chronic pain as well as rheumatism.
Here are some of the physiological effects of cryotherapy:
- Influence on sensory nerves
- Reduction in nerve conduction
- Immediate vasoconstrictive effect
Selected use cases
Cryotherapy is beneficial within a broad range of applications, including, but not limited to:
- Soft-tissue injury
- Pain, musculoskeletal